Thursday, June 9, 2011

So annoying!

One of the downsides of living in Saudi Arabia is when Google has a theme day, like today, I have to hunt for 5 or 7 minutes to find out what the theme is. As you can see in the screen cap below, even when I'm on Google.com in English, the words that come up when I hold my cursor over the Google are in Arabic! And when I click, all the links that come up are in Arabic. And inevitably the server that translates from English to Arabic experiences a problem, so the whole page stays in Arabic.


This might be the world's whiniest post ever, but it's an aspect of living overseas that I didn't plan for, and I find it very irritating. So I'm sharing that experience with all of you.

Vicariously yours,


1 comment:

  1. Les Paul's 96th birthday... but I'm sure you've figured it out by now

    ReplyDelete