Saturday, January 2, 2016

Australia's got this coffee thing figured out

I will admit that I'm not a big coffee drinker. Probably because, if I drink coffee, it's Starbucks or whatever is brewing in the teacher's lounge, and that is never the good stuff. I don't enjoy drinking coffee in America, so I haven't exactly gone on the search for the world's best cup of coffee.


But it's a different story here. I actually enjoy drinking coffee here and will voluntarily order a cup or more at meals. I suspect it is because we are so close to coffee growing countries like Indonesia, but because I'm not coffee obsessed, I haven't tried to figure out Australia's secret.

There is one aspect of drinking coffee here that I find most enjoyable: the to-go cups. I'm sure all of Australia is collectively face-palming right now, but it's the little things that get me.


The to-go cups here have little sippy cup tops that made me chuckle at first, but the more I drank the more I came to love it! I don't know how it does it, but somehow the coffee is not so scalding hot when it is drunk out of the sippy to-go cup.



At home, I have to let my coffee hot chocolate sit for a while before drinking because I can never tell how hot the drink is so I end up burning a small oblong oval onto my tongue or lip and not being able to taste anything anyway.

I'm telling y'all, Australia's got this whole coffee thing figured out and I might be hooked. All it took was a child-like to-go cup.

I'm an easy sell.

Vicariously yours,



No comments:

Post a Comment