Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Homeward bound!

The preparations for our departure from the Magic Kingdom have begun. The Mister and I leave in a few days, which means we've got laundry, shopping, cleaning, and packing to do. This evening, between loads of laundry, I took on an endeavor to dust proof our house.

I know that sounds like an exercise in futility. We live in the freakin' desert, and it's been a particularly dusty year so far. But I'm determined to try to stifle the flow of sand particles in my house while I'm on vacation. We are deep cleaning everything and I don't want to have to do it all over again while jet lagged and getting ready for the new school year. So for the next few days, I am a woman on a mission. Dust, don't mess with me.


I brought home a roll of jumbo masking tape and I went to town on the windows. I've covered the sills and cracks in the windows with a layer of the masking tape. I have absolutely no idea if this will work, but it'll at least help me sleep better at night while on vacation thinking that the dust is trying to infiltrate my house and running into a sticky layer of I-don't-think-so!

don'teventryit

I feel like I should collect data and publish my findings once we return from summer travel. In the meantime, I've discovered that one roll of the masking tape only covers 2 and a half windows...I'm going to have to make a couple more trips to the store before we leave, but I will not be deterred!

Vicariously yours,



No comments:

Post a Comment