Friday, July 22, 2011

Dust, be not proud

By now, the silence on this blog has probably led you to conclude that the Mister and I have returned to the States. Your conclusion is correct, and I apologize for the lack of posts. I'll update you on our trip home and what we've been up to this week in another post.

First, I just have to share what we were up to in the hours before we left Saudi Arabia. I've already shown you one step I took to dust-proof our house for the summer. Those close to me know that I hate house chores, and dusting is way up there with the most-avoided cleaning tasks in my world. Therefore, I've covered the large furniture in my house with plastic tarps in an effort to thwart the dust that will inevitably settle over the next few weeks.



Granted, it probably took us longer to tarp everything up than it would have taken me to just dust the house when we return...but that's beside the point right now.



I'm sad to report that the tape on our window sills was already curling and pulling loose before we'd even left Saudi Arabia, so I think I will not regret taking the time to tarp up my house.

Vicariously yours,


No comments:

Post a Comment