Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pizza Pizza

Remember Little Caesars? That pizza place with the vertically challenged Roman guy with the big nose as its mascot? I haven't seen or eaten at one in the United States since I was a kid, and I vaguely remember hearing that the business went under years ago.

Well, Little Caesars is alive and well in The Kingdom, but I hadn't eaten at one since we arrived. I associated Little Caesars with undercooked dough, rubbery cheese and pepperonis that were more grease than meat. I had no desire to revisit those meals, so I abstained.



Until today.

Today was the last day of work for the teachers, and to celebrate a couple colleagues ordered Little Caesars for the English cluster.

"We have mexican, kebab, chili chicken and chicken fajita," said my co-worker who placed the order. I'm sorry, did she say "kebab!?" I thought to myself. I was a little freaked out by the mexican pizza because it looked like someone had draped vermicelli noodles all over the top before closing the box. I was a little freaked out.



BUT OH MY HEAVENS WAS IT SOME GOOD PIZZA!! I was doubtful at first, but h'oh boy am I soo glad my colleagues have opened up this world to me! The Mexican pizza was like a taco, in pizza form. Refried beans, a hint of pico de gallo, lettuce, taco beef and Mexican blend cheese. The kebab pizza had kebab meat, tomato chunks, and this purple looking spice thing that they put on salads (I have yet to learn the name of this stuff but it's yummier than the way I make it sound). The chili chicken and chicken fajita were just as great as they sound.



I immediately whipped out my camera and started taking shots of the few pieces that were left after everyone had gotten their fill. Unfortunately I don't have photographic evidence of the kebab pizza, but I did get a few awkward laughs from my colleagues who were befuddled by the white lady taking pictures of her food like a Japanese tourist.

Yep, I am that girl. I do it all for you, dear readers. Because THIS is what our blog is all about!

Vicariously yours,




No comments:

Post a Comment