Friday, September 10, 2010

Must. Stay. Awake.

Welp, we've arrived in Amsterdam. So far, from what we've seen of the city, it's beautiful.

Granted, all we've seen is what was out the window on our taxi ride to the apartment where we're staying...but beautiful none the less.

Now, considering that it's 1:47 pm here, and 6:47 am at home, we really shouldn't go to sleep, even though that's what our bodies are so desperately asking for right now. We've promised each other that we will battle the jet lag together and stick it out and not go to sleep until it's the proper time for sleep in Amsterdam.

If we were on a live feed of our bedroom right now, you'd hear the Mister snoring. No one said we were bastions of will power.

...meanwhile, does anyone know how to make it so that our computer remembers that we speak English, even though the internet connection we're on doesn't speak English? Cause when I just spellchecked myself, this is what Google said I'd misspelled:

...and I still don't know if I spelled bastion correctly.

Anyway, we're going to be taking lots of pictures (thankfully, I did remember to pack the camera charger), and soaking up as much of Western civilization as possible in the next few days.

Thanks for all the encouraging words and addresses! Keep 'em comin'! I feel postcard fever coming on.

Vicariously yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment