I know, I know...It's been FOREVER! I apologize for the lengthy silence. We have been busy busy busy with summer travel and visiting all our loved ones. We decided to stay in Kuwait a few days after the mass exodus that tends to happen as soon as teachers are released for the summer. We took a little while to relax, do some laundry, and not be in a rush for once. Then we went home and put in as many miles as possible visiting grandparents, siblings, and family. Here's a quick overview of all we did this summer:
Watch closely! It's a fast one!
- We installed a new shelf in our kitchen! This is very exciting, especially when you have a little storage as we do!
- We visited my sister and brother-in-law in Boston and got to visit briefly with one of my best friends in her husband! My sister is pregnant, and due in November, so this was my one time to see the bump before I see the baby next year!
- We stopped in and had a quick meal-slash-night-of-revelry in DC with the Mister's sister and many of our close friends.
- My in-laws hosted a fantastic cookout to celebrate our return to the States and even flew in my sister-in-law and a close family friend who we love dearly.
- We played hours and hours of the Ellen DeGeneres game called "Heads Up" (available on iTunes) with family and laughed until our sides hurt.
- I got a tattoo of the state of Tennessee and the state flag on the inside of my right arm.
- We went to Tyler's family reunion in LA (lower Alabama).
- I got my annual hair cut (Thanks, Courtney!)
- Our friend Austin visited from Minnesota and we introduced him to the magical land of Dollywood. We also took him honky tonking and on a Jack Daniels Distillery tour. You know, all the best Tennessee has to offer.
- We celebrated 5 years of marriage in the happiest place on Earth with our favorite groomsman on Earth. Our friend Matt met up with us in Orlando and with dined with Mickey and drank around the world at Epcot. I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate.
- Then it was off to South Carolina to visit with my grandparents and my aunt Jackie who has been bravely fighting cancer for almost a year.
- After that we went to visit my aunt Becky in the Lowcountry of South Carolina and it was wonderful to be back in the land of Spanish moss, flat marshlands, and some of my favorite people!
- A quick stopover in Atlanta allowed us to visit with my brother who was recently added to CNN's full time photo editing roster (no big deal, he's just awesomer than your brother).
- Back to Tennessee for a few days to pack up for Kuwait and prepare a carry on that would take us to...
- Hilton Head Island for a beach vacation with my parents. What a perfect way to send off from the States...
- until we were delayed leaving the island, had to spend the night in Charlotte, returned to Nashville for 4 hours before starting our enormously long journey back to the land of sand.
Whew! Are we tired! Thankfully we compiled a video of all these highlights and more. We used the 1 Second Everyday app (the same one that we used for our spring break video). It's pretty entertaining, if I do say so myself.
Watch closely! It's a fast one!