Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My resolutions need a rolling start

This week, I've put the Mister and I on a self-developed menu to restrict our calories. I've also started getting up at 4:30 in the morning to exercise.

It's that time of year again!

There are a few things that make this resolution awesome. First of all, as TONS of health magazine articles will tell you, I have a lot more energy during the work day. Granted, I hit the wall BIG time by around 8:30pm, but I've been very productive at work so far this week. Secondly, I'm discovering some great new recipes to keep our interest in staying on this menu.

Hopefully it'll keep our interest long enough to actually make some real change in our lifestyle.

In other news, winter as arrived in Kuwait and DANG it's cold! It's a very dry kind of cold, and it has really blustered its way into town. Sadly, our apartment has some drafty windows and we have no central heating. We're making do just fine with our little portable radiator the school gave us, but it certainly doesn't make waking up and stepping out onto that tile floor any easier.

However, the cold, dry weather is working WONDERS on my hair!

See?!

Love it!

For those who are wondering, here's a side-by-side comparison of the weather conditions in my two homes as of this morning when I got up to work out. I realize 45F really isn't all THAT cold...but...oh fine feel free to mock my thinned blood!



Vicariously yours,


1 comment:

  1. ugh. It's so cold here today. I would kill for 45 degrees.

    ReplyDelete