Thursday, October 28, 2010

These photos are unrelated

I am having so many experiences, and as they're happening I think to myself, "I've got to remember to blog about this." But of course now that I have time to sit down and write a post, my mind draws a blank!

So I'll share some random photos.

This is the Mister standing next to the gate that leads to our door. This is not the same gate you see in the video I posted earlier. There are three gates to our house, and only two are on the street. The third one is directly outside our door, and it leads to a litter-ridden sand pit.


This is what our house looks like from the street. The gate on the right is the gate from the photo above. The gate on the left is the one right outside our front door. There's a third gate just to the right of the car. All the houses have walls and gates like this. It really makes stories like Aladdin seem more understandable. I always thought it was so unfair that Jasmine had to live behind a wall like that, but now I see that all Arabs do!


This was taken the first night we moved in to the apartment. When we arrived, the apartment wasn't *really* completely ready, but I had begged enough that they finally just said, "Fine, move in, but you're gonna have to rough it for a bit." We had basic furniture and some linens, but we had no bed sheets, and this is the only pillow they provided us! The picture doesn't do justice to how tiny it looked in comparison to the big, king size bed.


These are my Frosted Flakes (they're called Frosties here). They're in English, Greek (I think), and Arabic. I chuckle to myself every morning trying to say "tpp-pp-omepa."


Vicariously yours,

1 comment:

  1. whoa! is that whole thing your house?! it looks huge! (TWSS)

    ReplyDelete